- 4 bell peppers any color, washed
- 1 red onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed whole or ground
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed whole or ground
- Pinch or more red pepper flakes, optional
- 1-2 fresh tomatoes or 1 small can chopped canned tomatoes
- Salt fresh black pepper
- Olive oil
- 1 Lemon zest and juice
- Chopped parsley or cilantro
1) Spiralize bell pepper and onion on blade D, set aside
2) Heat a large saute pan on medium high heat, and add 1-2 teaspoons olive oil and the red onion. Cook until softened.
3) Add the peppers and cook until soft. Season with salt and pepper.
4) Add the cumin and coriander seed - I prefer the texture of the whole seeds, but feel free to use ground seeds, and red pepper flakes if using. Toast the seeds for a moment or two before you add the lemon zest and juice and tomatoes.
5) Bring the heat down to low and cook uncovered until most of the water from the peppers and tomatoes evaporates and the salad thickens up a bit.
6) Remove from heat and taste and re-season with salt and pepper. Garnish with cilantro or parsley.