Amped-Up Apple Cabbage Slaw
For the Slaw:
- 1/2 small head of Green Cabbage spiralized on the flat blade A (about 2 cups)
- 1 large Apple or 2 small your favorite kind with skin on, spiralized on the thin blade C (1 -2 cups)
- 1/2 medium Zucchini spiralized on the thin blade C (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 English Cucumber spiralized on the thin blade C (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 medium Red Onion spiralized on the flat blade A
- 1/2 cup Pomegranate Seeds
- 1/4 cup Hemp hearts
- 1/4 cup Peanut Sunflower or Almond Butter (or nut-free Soy Butter of choice)
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 3-4 Tbsp freshly squeezed Orange Juice
- 3-4 Tbsp freshly squeezed Lime Juice
- 2-3 tsp fresh Ginger grated on a micro-plane, to taste
- Salt and Cracked Black Pepper to taste
In a small bowl whisk first 5 of the dressing ingredients, start with 2 tsp ginger, thinning with more orange or lime juice (or a few drops of water) if necessary.
Adjust the spice level with more grated ginger if desired. Depending on the saltiness of the nut butter season carefully to taste with more salt, then pepper.
Combine first 5 slaw ingredients in a large bowl, snipping any long strands, 6 - 8" maximum. Pour on 3/4 of the dressing, tossing gently to combine.
Top with Pomegranate seeds and Hemp hearts. Drizzle with remaining dressing to taste. Serve immediately and enjoy!